Broccoli is one of the super veggies available around us. Despite being highly beneficial for health, it is also one of the veggies despised especially by children. Hailing from the cabbage family, this green cruciferous veggie has all that helps you walk in sound health. The benefits of this vegetable are worth noting and let us take a look:
- Prevents Cancer - One of the most celebrated health benefits of Broccoli is that it helps reduce risk of cancer. Broccoli is rich in antioxidants that fights free radicals and cancer. Broccoli also has immunity boosting properties that keep diseases and common health disorders at bay.
- Reduces Cholesterol - Broccoli is rich in soluble fiber which binds with bile acids in the digestive tract. This helps in drawing cholesterol out of the body more easy. Broccoli helps in regulation LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol) levels and keeping you safe from disorders associated with it.
- Keeps Heart Healthy - Broccoli contains sulforaphane, an element that helps prevent damage caused to the blood vessels due to chronic blood sugar problems. The fibres, fatty acids, vitamins and other elements help in regulating the blood pressure and keeping the heart healthy.
- Maintains BoneHealth - Broccoli is rich in Vitamin K and Calcium which helps in maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis. Broccoli is also rich in other nutrients like magnesium, zinc and phosphorous which helps in maintaining better health.
- Reduces Inflammation - Broccoli can boast of good amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids which has anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains sulforaphane, a chemical that prevents joint destruction and lead to inflammation.
These are some of the benefits of Broccoli, one of the most celebrated super veggies. Shop for safe to eat Broccoli and other locally sourced vegetables online from Farmers Fresh Zone. You can also avail free delivery on orders above Rs. 220.